My friend Christine send me this email and I thought it was worth sharing with you as it made me smile A LOT:
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX),Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,
‘If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon.’
In response to Bill’s comments, General Motors issued a press release stating:
If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics :
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash…….. Twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive – but would run on only five percent of the roads.
6. The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single ‘This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation’ warning light.
7. The airbag system would ask ‘Are you sure?’ before deploying.
8. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.
9. Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
10. You’d have to press the ‘Start’ button to turn the engine off.
PS – when all else fails, you could call ‘customer service’ in some foreign country and be instructed in some foreign language how to fix your car yourself!!!!
5 thoughts on “Cars and Computers”
too funny! (I’ve just had to reboot IE!)
Sue – I can’t believe you used my e-mail for your blog! I feel soooo important! LOL! One of the reasons I sent it to you was because I remembered last year when you came to the U.S. and you had computer troubles and we commiserated about them. I know for you especially, being so far from family and loved ones, that the computer can truly be a life line. I can’t imagine being without one and sometimes wonder what we ever did without them! HaHa! I know it makes me fee closer to your family just reading your blogs. Hope all is well. You’re in our prayers – always! Hugs all around!!!
The good articles. I will bookmark this articles. Thank you.
This is a keeper! How hysterical. We enjoyed a chuckle too.
This is a riot! I am here, at work, laughing hysterically. Thank you for posting this. The best part is, I just spent three hours last night trying to show my 83 year old father some things on his PC, and many of these things went on. Now i have a great way of explaining the glitches to him!