My brother-in-law, Gene, left for China on Thursday for business, and then my sister Beth left yesterday. My family – even Molly- has been moping ever since.
When Beth came to my ladies’ English class on Thursday, they wanted to know what it was like to grow up with me. Beth shared how we fought a lot – we REALLY didn’t get along. God is good- in college and after he continued to bring healing to our relationship, and has made us great friends now.
Here’s some reaosns why I love my sister Beth:
1) she brought a set of silly teeth for all my kids – here’s Olivia!
2) she made one of my best Japanese friends, Natsuko, tear up when they said goodbye. Natsuko loved her too. Here she and Gene are with our favorite neighbor, Mrs. I.:
3) she wrote in our children’s life journals all the things that she loves about them right now
4) she and Gene brought their favorite dancing CD and we played it all week! Annie is still singing the song. Here they are dancing to the song, “Girl put the record on” (by Corinne Bailey Rae- it’s worth the 99 cents to buy from iTunes)…There’s a video at the end of them in action.
5) she did Annie and Olivia’s toes:
6) She knows where all my silverware is (see previous entry, Golden Fast)
7) She loves all three of our children so much. Aunties really are the best.
So, Beth – this one’s for you -thanks for letting your hair down with us.
Girl, put your records on, tell me your favourite song
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans, I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down.